Thyroid and Metabolism
Thyroid and metabolism are the main concerns in an article recently posted by physician Mark Hyman . This article details his 7 step plan to boost your low thyroid and metabolism. In the article, he details several factors that contribute to hypothyroidism and low metabolism.
These factors include:
- Environmental factors such as chemicals and pesticides.
- Chronic stress. Stress can suppress your thyroid.
- Chronic inflammation from particular foods we eat.
- Nutritional deficiencies of iodine, vitamin D, omega-3 fats, selenium, zinc, vitamin A, and the B vitamins.
His 7 step plan includes some very good advice to help you get your hypothyroidism under control. In a nutshell, these steps are:
- Treat the underlying causes of your hypothyroidism.
- Supporting your thyroid through good nutrition.
- Minimizing stress.
- Boosting thyroid function via exercise.
- Using supplements to provide the nutrients your thyroid needs.
- Heat therapy to help eliminate toxins.
- Thyroid hormone therapy.
For more details on Mark Hyman’s 7 step plan, view his article here.